Monday, July 21, 2008

Artemis Fowl : A Book Review


Ever since i finished reading the Harry Potter series, I have been looking for the second perfect book of all time. I read the Golden Compass and all it's sequels (i.e. His Dark Materials series) but they weren't extremely good. I read The Diary of a Wimpy Kid parts 1 & 2. Those were funny but not my type of reading: no fantasy, no adventure no action. Still, Wimpy Kid was aw some. I read the Count of Monte Cristo. That was my second favourite book of all time until I read the first book of Artemis Fowl.

Artemis Fowl is a book of a 12-year-old criminal mastermind whose father went missing. His father was on a ship taking a shipment of large amounts of cola to Russia for sale. The Russian Mafyia wouldn't let an Irishman interfere with their market. The ship was bombed and Fowl's dad went missing. Everyone thought that he was dead but Artemis wasn't convinced. He had a plan. When Artemis has a plan, it's not any old rescue plan. It's a plan that was thought up by one of the most brilliant minds in history.

Artemis' plan was to abduct a fairy and ransom her out for gold worth $15 million. The fairies I'm talking about aren't the bedtime fairytale fairies who are loving and caring. These fairies are dangerous. These fairies are lethal with technology and magic to beat the guts out of anyone. Anyone that is except Artemis Fowl.

I recommend this series for anyone who is looking for a gripping fantasy, adventure and slightly action book. It's addictive.

Thank you Essra for recommending this book. I really appreciate it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As a parent, I REALLY enjoyed the whole Artemis Fowl series. Great reading for boys.

Another one my boys are enjoying is the trilogy "The Door Within", can't remember who it is by. It is about a 13 year old who discovers scrolls that lead to a parallel universe, where each human has a 'glimpse' counter-being in the other universe, and how their lives are entwined.

Anonymous said...

yo no prablem khalid glad u liked it btw thanks 4 rangers apprentice