Tuesday, October 7, 2008

School's daily routine

At about 6 am: I reluctantly get up from my warm and beautiful bed to get into my blue carrefour-type uniform and hurriedly grab a Nutella sandwich.

6:15. Waiting for the bus to come in front of the building with my brother talking in my ear, for which i am not in the mood and too sleepy to reply. The bus comes at 6:25

6:25 - 7:15. Sitting in the bus on the seat directly in front of the door which is annoying because you have to hear the engine and everyone coming into the bus while trying to sleep. You can also faintly hear the bus-driver's rantings and ravings over the rumble of the engine.

7:15 - 7:30. Sitting with my friends talking about everything about anything and sometimes arguing about which soccer team is the best (obviously Manchester Utd. Qais thinks it's Chelsea. What a retard) or frantically solving homework that we were too lazy to do at home or was too hard to solve alone. Occasionally, if there is a quiz, we'd revise it.

7:30 - 7:40. The worst part of the day.الطابور. This part of the day involves standing in lines to do daily morning exercises and sing ridiculous anasheed while being to sleepy to feel what's really hapenning. Then we have to read Quran and stand for the National Anthem and then we'd get yelled at by MR.Ramadan sometimes and then we'd trudge up the 50 stair staircase to the IGCSE section. Then the first lesson starts.

7:40 - 2:10. Get bored to death with never-ending lessons like physics math biology chemistry engilsh arabic IT and that's about it. The lessons seem to go on for ever themselves and after each lesson there is another never ending lesson where we have to write and make up excuses for not doing homework and try to talk to our friends without getting caught and trying to remember what quizzes we have next week.

2:10. Allah finnally bestowes his mercy upon us and allows time to go on so that the bell can ring. You would see me frantically putting my things away and thinking " astalavista school. untill tomorrow" and running towards the bus.

That's what happens to us everyday in school. I think prisoners should be sent there as a way of torture without physical abuse. It's just unbearable

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you!! I know it's hard. Hang in there and persevere. :)

(What a mom thing to say!!)

Khalid said...

ya i know but thanks for the advice and that's what i've got in my head. im just looking forward to finishing my o-levels

Awonderingcatalyst said...

Hey, these days, these days, I wish they'd come back!, no I wish not! wait, I wish they'd! no I wish not!

Anyway, what you'll find out later on is that it was necessary for you to be in such a routine, but I can't tell you exactly why!

Good luck!